Before investing in a new fruit crushing machine, read this guide.
It answers all questions you have been asking about fruit crushing machine.
Let’s dive right in.
- What is a Fruit Crushing Machine?
- What are the uses of Fruit Crushing Machine?
- What are the parts of a Fruit Crushing Machine?
- What are the Features of a Fruit Crushing Machine?
- How does Fruit Crushing Machine Work?
- Fruit Crushing Machine (Without Juicing Capability)
- Do Fruit Crushing Machines have a Warranty?
- What are the Types of Fruit Crushing Machines?
- Fruit Crushing Machines are made from which Materials?
- What are the Safety Features of Fruit Crushing Machine?
- What quality standards should Fruit Crushing Machines comply with?
- How does a Manual Fruit Crushing Machine Compare to an Automatic Fruit Crushing Machine?
- Which Industries use Fruit Crushing Machines?
- How much does a Fruit Crushing Machine cost?
- What is the Lifespan of a Fruit Crushing Machine?
- How do you Clean and Maintain a Fruit Crushing Machine?
- How do I Select the Best Fruit Crushing Machine?
- Can Fruit Crushing Machines Process any Type of Fruit?
- How do you Install Fruit Crushing Machine?
- How do you troubleshoot a Fruit Crushing Machine?
- Do you offer Replacement Parts for Fruit Crushing Machine?
- How much Power does Fruit Crushing Machine use?
- Which Fruit Processing Machines can you Integrate with Fruit Crushing Machine?
- Why is Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) Critical in Fruit Crushing Machine?
- Can you use Fruit Crushing Machine for Vegetable Crushing?
- What is the difference between Fruit Pulping Machine and Fruit Crushing Machine?
- Is Fruit Crushing Machine the same as Fruit Juice Extraction Machine?
- How can you Increase the Efficiency of the Fruit Crushing Machine?
What is a Fruit Crushing Machine?
Figure 1 LED Warning Lights Kit
A Fruit Crushing Machine or a Fruit Crusher is an equipment used in crushing fruits or vegetables to squeeze out the pulp or juice.
What are the uses of Fruit Crushing Machine?
Majorly, Fruit Crushing Machines are used in crushing vegetables or stone less fruits. Such fruits include peaches, apples, guavas, etc.
Examples of vegetables are carrots, tomato, cucumber, aloe, etc.
Alternatively, the machine can double up as a juicer to squeeze out the pulp in fruits such as oranges, pineapple, watermelon, etc.
The crushing compartment is removed to perform this function, leaving the machine with only the juicing capability.
What are the parts of a Fruit Crushing Machine?
Fruit Crushing Machines do vary in designs but what remains constant is the various parts. These parts work in harmony for the efficiency of the machine.
All Fruit Crushing Machines hoppers are made from stainless steel to meet sanitary requirements in the food industry. Fruits and vegetables are introduced into the machine via the hopper.
Some hoppers do have partitions that are also made from stainless steel.
This is the compartment in which the fruits and vegetables are crushed. It comprises a motor and rotary blades which perform the actual crushing.
The primary function of the motor is to ensure the constant motion of the rotary blades. It is housed using welded metal sheets to prevent any external interference.
Mostly, the collection vessel is a detachable plastic container fixed at the outlet of the Fruit Crushing Machine. Its key role is to collect the fruits and vegetables that have been crushed.
During the crushing process, the machine usually vibrates. Consequently, the vessel is fixed with a handle to the machine’s main body to prevent movement.
The flap closes the outlet once you detach the collection vessel.
It is helpful since it prevents the risk of any injury that may come from the constant motion of the rotary blades. The flap opens up again when you insert the vessel back.
Commonly, the Fruit Crushing Machine has four steel stands that suspend it. The stands make it easy to remove and insert the collecting vessel.
Apart from the parts mentioned above, a Fruit Crushing Machine that can double up as a juicer has the following additional components:
- Ring Spiral – For exerting pressure
- Tapper – For pressure control
- Ring Interval – Discharging the waste materials
Figure 2 Parts of fruit crusher machine
What are the Features of a Fruit Crushing Machine?
Below are some features that our Fruit Crushing machines have:
- The upper part, which includes the hopper, is made out of stainless steel, making it safe for use in the food industry
- The lower part – consisting of the crushing drum and the motor, is enclosed to ensure no external interference.
- A safety limit switch helps disrupt the motor’s current flow when the upper part is open for either maintenance or repair.
- An accessible detachable plastic vessel to help ease the collection of the crushed material.
- An up-to-date operating system to help increase the total output from the machine.
- Easy to clean and maintain with a guide showing you the various parts of our Fruit Crushing Machines.
How does Fruit Crushing Machine Work?
Depending on the type of the Fruit Crushing Machine, the working principle may differ slightly. Described below are the working principles of the two main types of Fruit Crushing Machines.
Fruit Crushing Machine (with Juicing Capability)
Upon introducing the fruits or vegetables to the machine via the hopper, the spiral applies pressure on the materials squeezing the juice out. The squeezed juice flows through the filter screen into the collecting container.
The residues are then discharged via a ring interval between the taper part and the ring spiral.
Note: The fruits or vegetables need prior sizeable crushing or slicing before you feed them into the hopper.
Fruit Crushing Machine (Without Juicing Capability)
This type of fruit crusher is solely used for crushing fruits; as such, there are no waste materials to be disposed during the whole crushing process.
Once you feed the fruits (stone less) or vegetables into the hopper, they move into the crushing drum. The crushing drum has a rotating blade attached to the electric motor that does the crushing.
Once crushed, the end product moves into the collecting container.
The machine’s motor has an electric brake, which mechanically stops the motor once you disconnect the machine from the power source.
Note: The above working principles are for automatic fruit crushing machines. For the manual ones they have a handle that is rotated to set the blades in motion. This differs from the automatic machines, which have a motor to rotate the blades
Do Fruit Crushing Machines have a Warranty?
Manufacturers offer their Fruit Crushing Machines warranties as an incentive to their customers and boost buyers’ confidence.
Most warranties cover any failures and faults resulting from the parts of the machine and any external sources.
Additionally, no warranty will cover natural ware, i.e. ware that results from continued or long usage of the machine.
What are the Types of Fruit Crushing Machines?
Fruit Crushing Machines differ in terms of various technical parameters. However, they majorly classified into two; those with juicing capability and those without.
With Juicing Capability (Juicer)
This type of Fruit Crushing Machine can either crush or juice fruits and vegetables. It has both a rotary blade for crushing and a ring spiral for juicing.
They are the most preferred in the food industry due to their dual functionality.
Without Juicing Capability
These are solely Fruits crashers. They only have a crushing compartment and no juicing mechanism.
Compared to the Juicer, they are easy and direct to operate since they are less complex.
Figure 3 Fruit crushing machine
Fruit Crushing Machines are made from which Materials?
Since the usage of Fruit Crushing Machines is majorly in the food industry, they are manufactured using stainless steel, specifically Stainless Steel 304.
This makes them easy to clean and ensures high sanitary standards.
As for the collecting vessel, it is made from plastic to make it easy to carry around. Also, it can be regularly cleaned, unlike the entire machine.
What are the Safety Features of Fruit Crushing Machine?
Our Fruit Crushing Machines have the below features to ensure user safety:
- First is the flap, which prevents any possible human contact with the blades.
- Also, a safety limit switch helps disrupt the motor’s current flow when the upper part is open for either maintenance or repair.
- Additionally, the motor has an electric brake. This helps trigger a mechanical stop on the motor when the machine is disconnected from the power source.
- Lastly, a current protection feature that disrupts current flow in case of a power surge.
What quality standards should Fruit Crushing Machines comply with?
Below are some common set standards that a Fruit Crushing Machine should comply with to guarantee quality.
- EN/ IEC 60204-1 – This standard aims to ensure that all the electrical equipment used in a machine are; safe, easy to operate, and offer a consistent response.
- Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC – The standard ensures that the machine is per the required European Union standards
- CE – It aims at ensuring that the machine is following the safety, health, and environmentally friendly standards required by the European market.
- ISO 12100:2010 – It specifies the principles and methodology of designing and manufacturing safe machinery.
How does a Manual Fruit Crushing Machine Compare to an Automatic Fruit Crushing Machine?
Both the manual and automatic fruit crushing machines are majorly made from stainless steel. Additionally, they both perform the same function, crushing fruits and vegetables.
However, they differ in how they operate.
A manual fruit crushing machine has a handle that needs human assistance to rotate. As you rotate the handle, you set the internal blades into motion.
The blade movements, in turn, crush the fruits or vegetables.
On the contrary, an automatic fruit crushing machine needs no human aid to crush the materials. It has an electrical motor that rotates the blades, consequently crushing the materials in the machine.
For the above reasons, automatic fruit crushing machines are commercialized, unlike the manual ones preferable in domestic settings.
Which Industries use Fruit Crushing Machines?
Figure 4 Fruit crushing machine
The usage of Fruit crushing machine is majorly in food processing industries that crush and juice fruits and vegetables.
Examples of such fruits include carrots, apple, tomato, onion, strawberry, orange, pear, watermelon, blackberry, etc.
Importantly, the fruit crushing machine is best used for stone less fruits variety.
How much does a Fruit Crushing Machine cost?
The cost of a fruit crushing machine varies depending on various factors highlighted below.
- First, the operating system of the machine. Manual fruit crushing machines are way cheaper compared to automatic machines.
- Also, size does affect the price. A larger fruit crushing machine intended for large scale use, will cost you more as opposed to a small machine meant for small scale or domestic use.
- Additionally, the versatility of the machine is also a key price determinant. A fruit crushing machine that doubles up as a juicer attracts a fairly higher price.
- Lastly, the technical parameters of a machine will determine the price tag on it. Fruit crushing machines with higher capabilities demand a higher price.
What is the Lifespan of a Fruit Crushing Machine?
How long a fruit crushing machine will serve you entirely depends on how you use it and the maintenance you provide it with.
Regarding usage, if you use the machine wrongly, for example, use it to crush fruits with stones, you will damage the blades.
In the worst-case scenario, you may end up damaging the whole machine. It is, therefore, necessary to use the machine appropriately to guarantee a longer lifespan.
In terms of maintenance, regular maintenance will help you notice any potential problems and address them timely. Consequently, enabling the machine to serve you longer and efficiently.
How do you Clean and Maintain a Fruit Crushing Machine?
Although easy to clean, a lot of care should be taken to ensure no water goes to the electrical parts of the machine, such as the motor.
Outlined are some insights to help you clean your machine efficiently.
It is recommended that you clean your fruit crushing machine with a bit of washing-up liquid and warm water. For parts made of stainless steel, you can use detergents made specifically for stainless steel.
You will need to detach the upper part of the machine, which includes the hopper.
Our machines come with a manual to direct you on the entire detaching process.
After washing the upper part’s components, ensure that you rinse them with clean water and dry them.
For the lower part, avoid the usage of pressure water since most electrical components are situated in this part.
The lower parts comprise the blades, flap, and motor. The blades can be detached for thorough cleaning.
Clean the parts with a moist cloth with a bit of washing-up liquid. When done with the cleaning, wipe the parts dry with a piece of dry cloth.
Since it is made out of plastic, wash it thoroughly with water mixed with washing-up liquid for the collecting vessel. Ensure you also dry it after cleaning it.
Also, ensure that you wipe off any solid residues on the machine. You can then assemble back the machine as per the user manual.
Note: During the cleaning and maintenance, always ensure that the machine is disconnected from the power source. You must keep a keen eye on faulty or worn out parts and replace them promptly.
How do I Select the Best Fruit Crushing Machine?
The question around the suitability of a fruit crushing machine is subjective to the machine’s intended use.
For example, if you are looking to venture into large scale fruit processing, an automatic machine with large output will be ideal.
Also, you will need a fruit crushing machine with juicing capability for convenience.
However, if your intended use of the machine is domestic, a small machine (either manual or automatic) will be up to the task.
Additionally, check on the quality standards of the machine you are interested in. You can do this by going through the markings on the machine or requesting the manufacturer’s certificates.
Lastly, consider the perks that come with purchasing the machine. Look at the warranty and the after-sales services such as maintenance and free spare parts.
This will help you cut down on future maintenance costs.
Figure 5 Fruit crushing machine
Can Fruit Crushing Machines Process any Type of Fruit?
No, fruit crushing machines are used for only stone less fruits.
The major reason being that the fruits with stones can damage the blades.
Also, it is difficult to isolate the stones from the fleshy parts without also crushing them.
An example of fruits that cannot be fed into the fruit crushing machine includes avocado and mango.
Fruits such as strawberry, apples, banana, etc., can be crushed using the machine.
How do you Install Fruit Crushing Machine?
Some considerations you need to make before the machine installation include:
- Ensure that the intended place of installation is spacious.
- The electric supply from the mains should be sufficient.
- When you plan to install the machine outdoors, put in place a shade for the machine.
- Ensure that the ground/floor is flat for the machine to stand firmly.
To install the machine;
- Check that all the components of the machine are mechanically fastened after placing it in the desired spot.
- Familiarize yourself with the machine by looking and the manual and physically analyzing the machine.
- Once certain that you are familiar and everything is set, plug in the machine to the mains using flexible cords. Flexible cords are preferable since they do not limit space use, nor do they get damaged easily.
- You can now power up the machine by pressing the power on button, usually green.
- Please wait for the motor to attain its full power before commencing the crushing process.
How do you troubleshoot a Fruit Crushing Machine?
Troubleshooting a fruit crushing machine effectively will help you detect whether or not the problem is with your equipment.
Remember, not all failures result from the machine. Faults can also arise from problems with the mains.
Below is a highlight of faults you might experience, their potential causes, and how to address them.
There is a high probability that the blade’s edge is blunt. Alternatively, you placed the materials before the motor was fully powered.
You can try a second time; if the latter is the cause, there is no need to worry.
If the crushing is still insufficient in the second attempt, you will need to replace the cutting blade.
Motor does not Rotate (but Hums)
There is a high likelihood that a foreign object or material has blocked the cutting disc.
Dismantle the machine’s upper part as per the user manual and remove the foreign material. Ensure that the equipment is disconnected from the mains before dismantling it.
Motor does not Start
There are several possibilities for this failure; interference of power supply, disconnection of the cord’s plug, the socket may be having a locking circuit, or the electric motor was overloaded switching off the thermal relay.
The first step to address this will be inserting the plug in the socket to see if the motor will start.
You whether there is an interruption of the power supply.
Alternatively, you can reach out to an electrician to help you confirm if there if there is any interference with the electrical supply.
Also, try switching on the circuit breaker if it is off. Additionally, you can change the socket’s fuse.
Lastly, you can allow the machine to cool down if the problem arose from the thermal relay switching off.
Excessive Vibration even Without Load
Probably, the cutting blade is unbalanced due to continued use. You will need to replace the cutting blade to redress this.
Figure 6 Fruit crushing machine
Do you offer Replacement Parts for Fruit Crushing Machine?
We do offer spare parts for all our fruit crushing machine. Also, they are authentic and relatively cheaper.
You can reach out to us and inform us about your machine type and serial number. We will advise you on the availability of the specific part and its price
How much Power does Fruit Crushing Machine use?
The power needed to operate a fruit crushing machine varies depending on the type and size of the machine. A manual fruit crushing machine will need any power input.
For the automatic ones, the power needed will range around 230v, 50Hz.
Remember, these power requirement may vary depending on where you intend to install the machine.
However, this is subjective, depending on the output level of the machine.
Depending on the design of the machine, power consumption may vary from 3 to 11kW.
Which Fruit Processing Machines can you Integrate with Fruit Crushing Machine?
You can integrate several machines with the fruit crushing machine depending on the type of fruits you are handling. Below are some of such machine.
- Fruit Washing Machine – to wash the fruits and vegetable before crushing.
- Fruit Peeling Machine – For fruits and vegetables that need peeling, such as carrots, before crushing or juicing.
- Fruit Grading/Sorting Machine – To help you sort and grade the fruits and vegetables to choose the desired ones for crushing.
- Root Cutting Machine – As the name suggests, the machine removes the roots (of mostly vegetables) before they are crushed.
- Fruit Drying Machine – Some fruits are best crushed when dry, making this machine a piece of valuable equipment.
- Vegetable Dehydrator – Performs the same function as the Fruit Drying Machine, only that it is designed for vegetables.
Why is Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) Critical in Fruit Crushing Machine?
Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) examines a machine during and after the assembling to ascertain that the machine is according to the outlined standards and design.
This ensures that the machine functions effectively and protects the buyer from purchasing a substandard or low-quality machine.
If the fruit crushing machine you intend to purchase has passed the FAT, it is a guarantee that it will serve you longer with low maintenance cost.
For the manufacturer, passing FAT – and attaining other quality standards- implies that your machine is credible and acceptable in most parts of the world.
Can you use Fruit Crushing Machine for Vegetable Crushing?
Yes, most if not all fruit crushing machines double up vegetable crushing machines.
However, some vegetables need some pre-preparation before they are fed into the machine.
You will need to first remove the onions’ roots before proceeding to crush them.
What is the difference between Fruit Pulping Machine and Fruit Crushing Machine?
Figure 7 Fruit pulping machine
You can derive the difference between the two machines directly from their names.
Fruit Pulping Machine majorly focuses on extracting the pulp from fruits such as peach, oranges, mango, strawberry, etc.
On the other hand, the fruit crushing machine typically grinds the whole fruit or vegetable into the desired particles.
Also, the two differ in that the fruit pulping machine can be used for fruits with stones, unlike the fruit crushing machine.
The reason being, the fruit pulping machine has the capability of removing the stones, extracting pulp, and separating slug.
Lastly, the fruit crushing machine is used for both fruits (stone less) and vegetables.
On the contrary, the fruit pulping machine is only used for fruits (provided they have pulp).
Is Fruit Crushing Machine the same as Fruit Juice Extraction Machine?
Most automatic fruit crushing machines can be tailor-made to perform the function of fruit juice extraction.
With an addition of a spiral to the machine, it can comfortably extract juice from the already crushed fruit.
However, you can purchase the two machines separately. A fruit crushing machine can be solely used to crush fruits and vegetables.
On the other hand, the fruit juice extraction machine will help you extract the juice from the whole or crushed fruit and vegetable.
How can you Increase the Efficiency of the Fruit Crushing Machine?
Similarly to most machines, the efficiency of fruit crushing machines is increased by correct usage and maintenance.
In terms of usage, use the machine for the purpose it is designed to perform. Do not use it to crush fruits with stones since this can damage its blade and the motor.
Also, ensure that the materials are clean and have no foreign materials before feeding them into the hopper.
Repair and maintenance is another crucial aspect.
Timely repair and replacement of dysfunctional parts will improve the machine’s efficiency and save you the extra cost of replacing the whole machine.
Regularly troubleshoot and address various faults with your machine to attain a consistent level of output.
At GoldCheer, we help you find the best fruit processing machine according to your requirements and specifications.
Contact us now for all your fruit crushing machines.